Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Salamanca - Day 2

Should have started writing this a lot sooner but here we are anyways. Haven't written for a while now (seems to have become a pattern really), but life is all about new beginnings. Speaking of which, a new, big beginning awaits. There's a lot of almost every kind of emotion that's associated with it. Leaving behind friends - some will stay in touch over the years and some that will fade in mututal consciousness, a change of environ and the memories associated with the one I had learned to call home-away-from-home for the past 7 years and so many many more memorable intersections in the time-space continuum.

Leaving tomorrow morning for Las Palmas. This trip is turning out to be therapeutic in a few ways. When you need to move on in life, it helps to be immersed in something that you have no expectations from and something that offers beauty on so many different levels.

One thing that I've noticed about myself, no matter how many good memories I have, the thing that always lingers is a feeling of introspection trying to find what are all the things I could have done better. This really is one of the more pensive posts I have written and I attribute that to trying to find honesty and truth in our lives both - inside and outside. We as a species, love to lie to ourself, to others, personally, professionally, sometimes to hurt someone, sometimes to save someone and sometimes to mask our insecurities - it's one of those acts that is only punishable in the professional setting but personally, it's only morally reprehensible - interesting thought ...

In addition to having a few things that I find very attractive in friends, I have really learned to appreciate honesty. In fact it's something that really draws me. Honesty of thought. Honesty of word. Honesty of action. In the words of Paris Hilton - "That's hot"

No comments: