Thursday, February 03, 2005

Questions

There are questions that arise in my head every single day of my life. No, I'm not 3 years old. I'm just, well, still curious!

Who am I? What am I doing here? Was I born to do what I'm doing (write code) or is there some other meaning to what I do? At most times, I lull myself into a false sense of superficial contentment, but the questions are here to stay!

Today, is just one of those days when I have decided to put finger to keyboard. I have spoken to a few trusted people about this, everyone drawing from analogous phases in their lives, have pretty much told me the same thing "Its normal! We all went through it!!". Although that did help me feel a little more "normal", but somehow I don't think I ever want this phase of inquisition to pass me by. Like a colleague from work told me, "We have a brain so that we can think. Nothing has to come out of that thinking. But we would not be humans if we didn't have that option." and that to me, is what gave me the most peace.

I have been lucky in a lot of ways. I sometimes feel that God has given me a lot more than I deserve. And just the fact that I have got everything that I ever wanted (ferraris don't count in this list God!) might be the reason I have these many questions. If I was left fending for myself, without the support system which allowed these questions to seep into my brain, I might be posting something else on this blog today...



1 comment:

Gaurav said...

Interesting ... heard (and experienced) that ignorance is bliss, but never thought that I'd want to practice it consciously!

I hear what you're saying, but the question (according to me) is more a generic one, on a higher plane! Is our existance an organised, orchestrated but yet not-such-a-well-oiled piece of machinery setup by powers alien to mankind or is it the Chaos Theory manifesting itself in all its glory!